Ingredients (for about 12 pieces)
• 50 dkg flour
• 3 dkg yeast
• around 3 dl milk
• 2 tablespoons
• 8 egg-yolks
• 10 dkg margarine
• 5 dkg icing sugar
• 1 tablespoon rum
• the grated zest of
a half lemon
• 10 dkg berry jam
For the baking:
• Tóalmási fat
1. Drizzle the flour into a big bowl, make a small nest in the middle. Crumble
the yeast in the flour, and stir it with lukewarm milk and some sugar.
2. When the yeast is ready, add the rest of the milk, the egg-yolks and melted
margarine, the icing sugar and rum and also the grated lemon zest, then
scatter it with a pinch of salt.
3. First combine it with hands, then mix it well with a wooden spoon,
until the pastry get blistered. Cover with a dish-cloth and let is rest in a
4. When the pastry has risen big from the yeast, put it on a floured bakeboard and knead it to an inch thick. Cut discoid forms out of the dough
with round cookie cutter, make a hollow into the middle of them. Then
deep fry them in heated fat or oil until golden. Drain them well
on a paper towel.
5. Fill the hollows with the berry jam, and sprinkle with the icing sugar.
energy /kcal/per doughnut
1135 kJ/272 kcal
American celebrity chef Gašpar Stantić